Frequently Asked Questions
How does BizVision® work?
BizVision® is the most comprehensive business video library on the web. Previously, world-class training and other business videos have only been available in expensive hard-copy format. Now they are available to you online for free, or at a fraction of the hard copy cost. With BizVision®, you can move forward by taking control of your own learning.
- When you visit BizVision®, you'll find quality business videos from the world's most respected business learning producers, now available in a new and convenient way – online and on demand.
- Browse our vast library by topic, or find a specific subject or title with our search function. If you want to see what other viewers have enjoyed, check out our "Most Popular" listings. Stay current on the latest video releases with the "What's New?" section. Or, find the videos we recommend under "Featured Videos".
- Preview the video to ensure it fits your needs, then watch it for free or a small fee with a high-speed DSL or faster connection. If you liked what you saw, recommend the video to others, select the group view option, or even buy the DVD. Be sure to rate the video and write a review for other users.
Where do the rating/reviews come from?
A video's rating represents the average of all ratings it has been given by users since it became available on BizVision®. The reviews shown are the most recent reviews left by users.
What system requirements are needed to watch videos on BizVision®?
In order to watch videos on our site, make sure you have access to the following system requirements:
- Windows Media Player v9 or newer
- Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
- Mac OS X or higher
- Firefox 1.1+, Internet Explorer 6.0+, or Safari 1.0+
- Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps.
How long do I have to watch a video after purchase?
You have 30 days from the time of your purchase to watch your video. Once you start watching the video, you will have 24 hours for a "Watch Now" and 72 hours for a "Watch as a Group" video.
How do I know a video will work before I purchase it?
Videos on BizVision® are streamed through a Windows Media player. For the best viewing experience we suggest you install the latest version of Windows Media Player from www.microsoft.com. Feel free to contact us if you want to do a test before showing a video to a group. If you can't see the video playing in your browser, you will need to confirm your system meets the minimum requirements to watch videos on BizVision®.
What if my system meets the minimum requirements but I can't see the sample video?
This could be caused by a firewall or internet blocker. These types of programs could block the media stream from BizVision®. If you have a firewall on your computer or your network, you might want to temporarily disable it to see if the videos load. If so, you would need to adjust the firewall settings to allow streaming media from BizVision® to pass the firewall. If you are not sure on how to do this, please contact the manufacturer of your firewall or your system administrator.
Can I watch BizVision® videos with colleagues or coworkers?
BizVision® offers an individual view and group view option on all of our videos. If you select the individual view, "Watch Now" at checkout the video is only available for your individual use. To watch with a group, you must select the "Watch as a Group" option at checkout.
Why does the video keep stopping and starting while I'm watching it?
If a video doesn't play continuously, it may be due to your connection speed. You'll need a broadband connection with at least 500+Kbps for the best viewing experience. It's also possible that your video download speed is slow or inconsistent. In this case, you can try pausing the video until the entire stream is downloaded and then playing the video.
Why won't the video finish buffering?
If the video's buffering is interrupted in any way, an incomplete copy can get stuck in your cache and never fully buffer. You can attempt to restart the buffering by clearing your browser's cache. If the issue continues to happen, you might want to check the stability of your internet connection.
Why can't I hear the audio when I'm watching a video?
To make sure that you hear sound while watching videos, please try the following:
- Adjust the volume control on your computer and speakers.
- Adjust the volume control located in the lower right corner of the BizVision® Video Player.
- Ensure that the volume is up on other video players, such as QuickTime, Real Player, or Windows Media player, as this might affect the video player sound.
If these steps don't correct the issue, you may want to try the steps below:
For Mac users:
- Open "Applications" > "Utilities" > "Audio MIDI Setup".
- Check the properties for "Built In Output". Make sure it's set to 44.1 KHz.
For PC users:
- Click "Start".
- Select "Run".
- Type: sndvol32.
- Click "OK".
- Make sure none of the settings are muted and the volume is up for "Volume Control" and "Wave".
If your system meets all the requirements above, but the video player still isn't working properly, please try troubleshooting with a different browser.
How do I watch a video in full screen mode or exit this mode?
To view a video in full screen mode, simply click the full screen button located on the bottom-right of the video player. To exit full screen mode, just hit the 'Esc' key.
What are the benefits of registering?
By taking a minute to register with BizVision®, you will have access to the full benefits of our site. This will allow you to save videos to your wish list, subscribe to our newsletter, etc.
What information is needed to setup an account?
Setting up a BizVision® account is easy. To get started just click on the Customer Log In link at the top right of the page. To register you will need to provide the following information:
- Email address
- Company Name
- Phone number
- Billing address
You can even securely store your payment information to save time when purchasing a video.
How is my personal information used?
I forgot my username or password. How can I retrieve this information?
If you forgot your username or password, just click on the "Login" link at the top right of the page to go to the login page. On this page you will see links to retrieve your username or password.
How does it work when I purchase multiple videos at one time?
Any videos that you purchase will be saved to your library in your account. Upon completion of your purchase you will automatically be redirected to your library page, or you can access it at any time by logging into your account.
How do I get/use the Training Materials I purchased with a video?
If you purchase the additional Training Materials either separately, or with a video, these materials will be made available in downloadable form in your library at the end of the checkout process. You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view these materials. If you don't already have it, go here to get it.
Can I get a refund if I don't like the video?
BizVision® offers quality videos from the top producers. We also offer a 1-3 minute preview for any video so you can see what you are getting before you make a purchase. Once you have made the purchase, you will have immediate access to watch the video, so we are unable to offer refunds. If you are having technical difficulties and can't watch the video, please go through the steps above.
What is the process for filing a copyright complaint?
BizVision® respects the intellectual property rights of others. Upon proper notice, BizVision® will remove Videos that violate copyright law, suspend access to BizVision® (or any portion thereof) to any user who uses BizVision® in violation of copyright law, and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
Pursuant to Title 17 of the U.S. Code, Section 512, BizVision® has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with such law. If you believe a work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send BizVision®'s copyright agent a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works. Identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit BizVision® to locate the material on BizVision®.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit BizVision® to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Please provide us with a notice that includes all of the above enumerated information ("Notice of Infringement") and send it to our Copyright Agent through one of the following contact methods:
BizVision® Copyright Agent
7050 Union Park Center
Salt Lake City, UT 84047
By submitting a Notice of Infringement, you acknowledge and agree that BizVision® may forward your Notice of Infringement and any related communications to any users who posted the material identified in such notice. Please do not send notices or inquiries unrelated to alleged copyright infringement to BizVision®'s designated agent.